Chicken, Corn and Lima Bean Stew
For preparation of this soup, chicken thighs are preferred to chicken breasts because they are juicier after cooking and will make a very good broth.
Ingredients include: 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 medium onions diced, green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, diced; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried), Coarse salt and ground pepper, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, 6 plum tomatoes, diced; 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed; 1 package (10 ounces) frozen lima beans, thawed
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and add the onions, bell pepper, teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir for about 4-5 minutes until the onions begin to turn brown.
- Stir in the tomato paste and add chicken, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and 1 ½ cups of water. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes until the chicken is opaque.
- Remove chicken from the pot; stir in corn and lima beans, and simmer until heated through, for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, shred chicken meat using your fingers or a fork. Return chicken to the pot, and stir until they combine.
The soup formed is delicious and tasty.
Fish soup in tomato-saffron broth
This soup will provide you with high proteins and vitamins form the fish. It is ideal and highly recommended in the second phase.
When making this soup you will need ingredients such as Fish, butter, onion, garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, dried dill, parsley, saffron threads, cauliflower or broccoli, cabbage and salt.
Follow these instructions to make the soup
- In medium heat, melt the butter using a deep, heavy pot.
- Add onion and sauté a few minutes.
- Then add garlic and saute for one more minute and add tomatoes and tomato paste, dried dill and fresh parsley.
- Simmer and stir rapidly until the tomatoes have cooked. This should be done for about 15 minutes. Steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender and not mushy.
- Add water and bring to a boil then add saffron and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add fish to the broth and then simmer without a lid for 3-5 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and garnish with cabbage.